How a Stand-By Generator Works
- The generator monitors incoming voltage from the utility line.
- When utility power is interrupted, the generator immediately senses the problem and starts
- The automatic transfer switch then safely closes off the utility line and simultaneously opens a new power line from the generator.
- Within seconds, your home standby system begins to supply electricity to your critical emergency circuits.
- When utility voltage returns at a steady state, the electrical load is transferred back to the utility line. The engine continues to run for a cool down period of several minutes while the entire system stands ready for the next power outage.
Guardian® home standby generators automatically supply electricity to pre-selected circuits during a utility power outage. Our pre-packaged, pre-wired systems make installation fast, easy and so affordable, you'll wonder why you didn't buy one sooner! And with Guardian, the kilowatt ratings we list are the kilowatt ratings you get. Unlike our competitors who only cover a percentage of the standby loads, Guardian covers the entire load, for the full duration of the power outage. That's why GUARDIAN is the #1 Selling Home Standby Generator on the Market.